Sunday, November 3, 2013

Connections...............Some Good, Some Bad, Some Don't Count!




Spoiler Alert

**Pulling up soapbox, stepping on it**




PEOPLE!!!!!!!!! STOP AND THINK!

Across this great big world we are ALL connected in some way or another. Sometimes we want to embrace these connections and sometimes we want to ignore or hide from these connections...........face it, Uncle Bill that likes to fart in a crowd of strangers is not really someone we want to claim all the time! 



Sometimes we want to distance ourselves are far as possible from certain people and things. I always laughed when my x would speak of a certain two children when someone would mention their relation to him...........his response was that they were his “Mother's Brother's Wife's Children from a PREVIOUS marriage and therefore not related to him”.

Sometimes we want the connection to certain people and things. I had a friend in college who's last name was Lincoln, anytime she was introduced to someone she would give a five minutes speech on how she was related to Abraham Lincoln............I am not going to retype that one – it is LONG!



AND sometimes we , as outsiders, we WANT to find a connection! I remember back several years ago when there was a hard push in the Baptist Church (yes I am a baptized Baptist) to show the evil in Rock and Roll music. There was an evangelist making the rounds of churches to show us the evil. Many of the examples he used “proved” his point by highlighting the third word of each song line or the second word of every six words...............he was NOT proud of me when I told the audience that if they picked 10 hymns out of the hymnal, and gave me some time, I could make at least ONE of them say bad things!

Why am I on this rant? Well because I am on Facebook and I see a LOT of those repost of “So and So has proof that So and So has ties to (or ) is behind (insert what ever you want cause they probably have).

All I am asking is that you STOP, THINK, and maybe – just maybe do a little RESEARCH of your own! And please for goodness sake do not use Wikipedia as your ONLY research source (unless you have been under a rock for the last 10 years you should know that anybody can go in and CHANGE/EDIT things in Wikipedia!).

Look for the most NEUTRAL source that you can find (yes I know that is very hard to do now days but they are still out there).

READ THE WHOLE STORY! Yeah I know that is a tough one but let's get real here – HEADLINES are written to get your attention................they are NOT written to tell the WHOLE story! And many times the headline can be misleading as to what the story is REALLY saying!

I am not trying to influence anyone to any certain way of thinking...........my ancestors have fought in just about every war this country has been a part of starting with the American Revolution (I think we skipped the war of 1812, but we were on both sides of the Civil War)........heck I even had them in the Texas Revolution). They all represented Freedom of Speech, Freedom to Think, Freedom to Express Yourself...............but I don't think any of them fought for the Freedom to Spread half truths, lies, and just made up stuff in general.

Shout the Truth from the Rooftops...........and even if I do not agree with you..............I will defend your Right to do so.

**stepping off soapbox**



Have a Great Day! Everyday I wake up is an AWESOME one!

No comments:

Post a Comment