Sunday, August 26, 2012

Job Match FAILS and Unemployment Crazies!




Okay, I am STILL on the job hunt..............I have been searching! Everyday I go through a “list” of matching words – Marketing, Sales, Outreach, Coordinator, Public Relations, etc. my list is a long one!

With every search I find one or two decent job opportunities, a whole bunch that don't fit what I am looking for – I don't think I am that picky but I just don't see my next step on my career path being a Schwan's delivery truck driver.

I have typed in my work history and education SO MANY times I can do it in my sleep! I no longer have to double check phone numbers of jobs or references, I have them memorized!

In the process I have submitted several applications that I KNEW were going to be turned down, let's face it I am drawing unemployment – oh and that is another story in itself!, so I have to apply for at least 8 jobs a week regardless of the facts (whether they fit me or not). I knew full well that Pillar Hotels was going to turn me down for a manager position but what the heck I gave it a shot!

I already did one blog post on filling out applications and job search engines but today was SPECIAL! Today I “registered” with a local area Job Search site (no I have no clue why I had not done this before but after doing it today I think I secretly knew not to!). I filled in all their blanks, I listed my experience and my goals, submitted my resume and WHOOHOO! They had recommendations for me right away................

THEIR number 1 recommendation was at Cheetah's Gentleman's Club! Uh, WHAT? HELLO! This is the best you can do? ROFLMAO! Let's look at this a little closer shall we?

  1. I am 52 years old and kicking in the door of 53 – one month away to be exact!
  2. I have given birth to THREE kids and to me exercise is a FOUR LETTER word! Now I do not consider myself fat but face it I do NOT have the same body I had at 18! Gravity has taken a firm hold on several parts of it and while many of those parts do Wiggle and Jiggle it is not controlled and it ain't pretty!
  3. Referring to number 2 – I have WRINKLES old enough to vote!
  4. Rhythm has NEVER been a strong point of mine, I did take ballet but that was when I was 8 and 9 years old and there is a VERY good reason I did not continue!
  5. Limber has NEVER been a skill associated with me, even BEFORE I got old! With a scorecard of: Car Wrecks, Steer Riding Wrecks, Sports Injuries, and Repelling Accidents I REALLY am stiff, I am pretty sure I paid for half of my chiropractors new house!
  6. Yes I have done some pole dancing, in the past..........get your minds out of the gutter, it was an exercise class that I tired for two sessions..........the pole did more bending then I did! Jaimie Lee Curtis I am NOT!

 ***I guess I should add that if I DID take the job............I know the perfect recipe for getting "oiled down", I will just use the Shaving Scrub I tried last night!


So I am still on the Job Hunt, please don't tell the Texas Workforce Commission that I turned down a Job Opportunity..........I may not be able to convince them that it was in everyone's best interest that I do so!

Speaking of Unemployment – I have to tell a story of “What in the World?” regarding this State Institution!

Four years ago, when I was laid off from the Amarillo Dillas (now Amarillo Sox), I had to file for Unemployment. At that time you were “paid” with your very own personal debit card – btw, I must add the fact that I only got two payments then and had to fight for those, once because I TURNED down an interview with Schwann's for a delivery truck driver and once because I turned down a job to accept another one (neither was starting for about two weeks).

Anyway, after I started my new job I put that little special debit card away and (I think) when I made the move to Canyon I threw it away.......................BIG MISTAKE! It seems that the State thinks that this is a LIFETIME card! So much so that even though I was still gainfully employed they sent me a NEW card back in July of 2012!

Yep that's right, the cards are only good for FOUR years and then they send you a REPLACEMENT card even if you are still employed! Unfortunately they sent it to my address that I haven't lived at for THREE years – uh the Post Office does NOT forward mail that long!

Now because I am a dummy and I did not go ahead and select the Direct Deposit option (really I didn't notice it) when I first filed on August 1st my first “check” automatically went on that new personal debit card that is floating around in Dead Letter Hell!

After several phone calls I am being sent a REPLACEMENT card with the caution to hang on to it............Remember it is LIFETIME, I will get a NEW card in four years whether I am working or not...................I should get my August 14th check about September 1st (crossing my fingers). Since I “signed up” I have gone back and done the Direct Deposit route.

Now you might be thinking “okay your own Direct Deposit so that is how you should get this payment”...............WRONG! SINCE I did not sign up for it to start with and the initial payment came through the debit card – the REPLACEMENT payment HAS to be on a Debit card! **shaking head and banging it on the keyboard** Someone please tell me HOW this is saving the state any money?


Alright, I need to get back to job hunting and in 5-7 days I (crossing fingers) should get my first unemployment “check”..............actually if it all works right I will get my SECOND “check” first, cause it is scheduled for Direct Deposit............maybe, hopefully.............oh heck, guess it's a good thing I like beans

No comments:

Post a Comment