Thursday, August 9, 2012

Art is All Around Us - and Cassie Foster is a Leader!



You say you're not an art lover? I say Poppy Cock! Lol, that's right! Poppy Cock!

We all admire beautiful things and we buy things that we think look nice but when we speak of art many immediately think you have to go to a higher level of understanding and knowledge in order to appreciate the “object” as art...............WRONG! Art is all around us, it is on the walls of our homes and offices, it is what we wear as clothing and accessories, and it is the buildings we work and live in.

art/ärt/






Noun:
  1. The expression or application of human creative skill and imagination, typically in a visual form such as painting or sculpture,...: "the art of the Renaissance"
  2. Works produced by such skill and imagination.






I am a big believer in the second definition: “works produced by such skill and imagination” and those works are all around us!

Let's face it, NO ONE has ever looked at a painting or print and said “That is the ugliest thing I have ever seen in my life, I am going to buy it and hang it on my wall” Art does not have to be old, or high priced, or even original to be enjoyed..........it just has to be appreciated in order to be art. This brings me to my purpose today................I have “discovered” the most WONDERFUL artist right here in Amarillo, Texas and her name is Cassie Foster! She paints a variety of subjects but what I LOVE most of all are her Long Necked Ladies!


You can follow Cassie on her Facebook page Cassie Foster - Artist on Facebook

She is represented at a gallery, called The Stache - Facebook for The Stache, located in the Sunset Art Gallery, during the summer she is there a lot BUT you can always catch her during the First Friday Art Walk (hint, it happens on the First Friday of every month!)  Sunset does have a Facebook page where you can check out more of the artists out there

Now I will tell you a little secret............at the present time Cassie's work is STILL very affordable for any budget! You don't even have to purchase an original, she does do prints from $10 to $30 on most of her paintings. But let me tell you the BIGGEST secret of all...............I am certain, when “big money” art lovers discover her.............the prices are going to go UP! This is one artist that my grandkids are going to be REALLY glad that I purchased, and purchased MORE than one!
 

They are fun, delightful, and best of all..........I never get tired of looking at them! I have three of her paintings, but still on my list of “wants” is one where the Ladies hair comes from trees!


 
Beautiful as always!

You can find more of Cassie Fosters work her ETSY shop - Cassie Foster

On another note, I must say this blog post was a pleasure to write and it was SO easy to put together thanks to my new Linux system and Ubuntu!


No comments:

Post a Comment