Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Confessions.............



Today I worked at Penney's, and this afternoon I had a mother and two children in my department. The oldest boy got in trouble for knocking some bras off a rack – believe me I was shocked, most parents just ignore what their kids do and leave me to clean up the mess! The boy claimed that he had not done the deed, so his little sister got in trouble for the act. Well I am pretty observant and he was the quilty party.

This got me to thinking of things that I have either been blamed for and got away with – and things that I got away with period! I am sad to say it might be a pretty long list if I wrote it all down.............well I REFUSE to do that!

When I was a teenager my mother told me there was nothing I could do that she wouldn't find out about............I know that this is not true because I am not still grounded! So I refuse to confess everything because even at age 54 there are a couple of things my mom would STILL ground me for!

There are however a few things that have been weighing on my mind that I would like to come clean about.

First of all there was the cat...........I do not remember his name, we will just call him Cat. When I was little we lived outside of Snyder, Texas in a little “suburb” of about 12 houses. There were probably 15 kids out there of which only two were female and that other gal was about 10 years older than me! I played with the boys, in fact I do remember crying because my mom would not let me take my shirt off like the other kids! We had an older couple that lived right next to us and they had a donkey..........this donkey LOVED to eat cigarettes but that is a different story.

I had about six cats that I played with and they called our yard home. Now the problem lies with the fact that every time I left for several days it seemed one of my cats would disappear! In my elder years I am pretty sure it was probably coyotes but back then I thought they ran away. So........I was supposed to go to my grand parents for a few days and to keep my favorite cat from running away..............I shut him up in my closet. This plan certainly worked because he was still at the house when I came home...........but in the mean time of being shut up for two days my mother had gone searching the house for the strange noises she was hearing...........when she opened my closet door the Cat came out and there was a very large mess to clean up. And yes I said it must have been an accident. 0:)



Fast forward a few years............and I got an awesome top! This was a “self spinning” top that you ran the side over a surface, and it would then spin its self. I was at my Uncle Brent and Aunt Pat's and alone in the living room. I ran the top across the top of Aunt Pat's Ranch Oak coffee table............but I didn't tip it enough and ran the metal tip across the surface................I left a very long scratch over the surface that I covered up with magazines. I am pretty sure my cousin Ben Murphy got in trouble for this one................sorry Ben.



Just a few years later I was at my grand parents, and I had a “brilliant idea”..............ever have one of those? Sometimes they are indeed brilliant and other times when it is all over (or even half way through it you think - “oh this was a dumb idea”!). Anyway, I wanted to cut a straight pen in half............so I used granddads toenail clippers – not once but three times............needless to say they did NOT cut the pin! Instead the pin made dents in the cutting age. Granddad questioned me about trying to cut WIRE with them............I proclaimed my innocence because I had NOT tried to cut wire with them.............just a pin, but I never added that part. This was long before Bill Clinton was President, but if he had been – you would have called this “pulling a Clinton”. Sorry Granddad...........I did it.



Well I feel a little better, I probably would feel a lot better but this is all I am prepared to confess at this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment